There are a lot of items in your home that you might not realize should be tossed out. Take a look at this article to find out what you can get rid of without even thinking about it!
The things to throw in the trash, but you don’t even know
We all have things in our homes that we don’t need and are just taking up space. But did you know that there are some things that you should throw in the trash for your own health and safety?
Here are 10 things that you should get rid of:
1. Expired medications – throws these away as soon as they expire as they can be harmful if taken after that date.
2. Outdated food – check the expiration dates on your food and get rid of anything that is no longer good.
3. Damaged electronics – if something is broken or damaged, it is best to get rid of it as it can be a fire hazard.
4. Old cosmetics – expired makeup can cause skin irritation so it is best to get rid of it.
5. Toys with small parts – if a toy has small parts, it can pose a choking hazard for young children.
6. Clothing with holes – clothes with holes should be thrown out as they can tear easily and cause injuries.
7. Shoes that don’t fit – shoes that are too tight or too loose can cause blisters or other foot problems.
Where to dispose of different materials
There are many things that you may not know you can throw in the trash. For example, did you know that you can dispose of batteries, light bulbs, and electronics in the trash?
Batteries can be disposed of at your local recycling center. Light bulbs can be disposed of at your local hardware store. Electronics can be disposed of at your local e-waste recycling center.
Some other items that you can throw in the trash include food scraps, paper towels, and cardboard. Food scraps can be composted or thrown in the trash. Paper towels and cardboard can be recycled.
So, next time you’re not sure where to dispose of something, check to see if it can be thrown in the trash. You might be surprised at what you can get rid of!